Are you planning a family road trip?
This past summer my family drove to visit the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and Yosemite. The driving time passed super quickly when we listened to to an awesome science fiction novel entitled Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I highly recommend it!
If you are planning a road trip this year here are some other tips to help make the car ride more enjoyable.
- Bring lots of yummy and healthful snacks such as fruit, nuts, and whole-grain crackers to munch on.
- Play “car games”. The alphabet game and I spy were always my favorites.
- Pack balls or a Frisbee to get a bit of exercise when you make a stop.
- Listen to some of your favorite tunes karaoke style and sing to your heart’s content.
And if you are travelling with younger children you need to be super creative.
- Let the kids mark off your route on maps and decorate them with colored pencils and markers.
- If you want to splurge many popular board games are available in travel size with magnetic pieces.
- Finally, give your children a roll of nickels or quarters. Every time they ask, “How much longer?” or “Are we there yet?” they have to give you a quarter. (I never tried this one but I love the idea!)
Hope you enjoy your summer getaway!
And remember when you get back if you or a friend need any real estate advice feel free to contact me thru my webpage www.davidsalmonhomes.com.